3 years ago
Tuesday, December 28, 2004
H. slept over last night; we rented "Bottle Rockets" which I'd never heard of before, but enjoyed (it had its laugh-out-loud-funny moments), ate chocolate and other junk, and talked a lot. I don't think I'll ever be too old to have sleepovers: to watch movies in bed, eat way more popcorn and chocolate (not together, though) than can possibly be good for me, stay up until the wee hours of the morning talking about anything and everything (even after declaring several times that I'm going to sleep), and sleep until lunchtime (but have breakfast anyway). The sleepovers definitely aren't like they used to be (ten of us fighting over who gets to sleep in the bed, painting our toenails with alarming shades of blue and purple, spilling the nailpolish on the rug/harwood floor and getting yelled at by our parents, turning up music too loud and getting yelled at by our parents, watching three movies in a night, playing truth or dare...), but they're worth having for different reasons now. It's funny how things have changed, but in some ways stayed the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Bottle Rocket, and Wes Anderson movies in general, rock my socks off.
SOOoooo, did you... have a pillow fight? Was it hot?
I knew that was coming.
You know what I think that post neede more of? Lesbians. And explosions. and zombies. That would have been awesome. Ahem, AWESOME
I want to be able to edit my comments. In case I make a mistake. Which I wouldn't. 'Cause that wouldn't be AWESOME
out of control.
Post a Comment