3 years ago
Sunday, January 15, 2006
California was very hot for about half of my first week back and now, today, I'm freezing. It's good to be back: For the record, I vastly prefer Racine's Phaedre to Hippolytus (by Euripides). I remember reading Hippolytus freshman year and being irritated at pretty much all of the characters--not so with Phaedre. I watched L4yer Cake last night (we had a pretty sweet set-up in the car) & enjoyed it, though I think Snatch is still my favorite Guy Ritchie movie. L4yer Cake wasn't as humorous as Snatch (though, to be fair, it wasn't intended to be funny). We had some rain the night before last (last night we had an impromptu fire drill due to burnt popcorn), but other than it's been blissfully sunny. I am, however, still waiting for the floods. I hope they're not hoarding their wrath, biding their time, waiting to burst out with a spectular display of mudslides and wrecked roads.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
No one ever says they like Euripides more. And the floods are every other year, this should be a fire year.
hm. i think i'd rather have floods than fires, though, if given the option i suppose i'd say neither.
it's entirely possible that i'm wrong...it's happened before
Post a Comment