It is Tuesday.
There are only eight class days left until finals begin, I am in charge of cooking for approximately 200 students for the annual Junior/Senior dinner this Sunday, and there are things of an extracurricular nature going down on Saturday afternoon (last free Saturday of this semester, since, as I was reminded today, we have a music final the Saturday after this one)which will probably prevent me from getting a jump on prepping for the dinner on Sunday. During all of this mayhem I am fairly certain that the one thought running through my head (okay, maybe the one thought other than "don't screw up all this food, don't screw up all this food") will be: I should be studying for finals!
On the other hand, the dinner will probably turn out well (and God knows that I like a challenge) and I probably won't fail all of my finals (despite the fact that at the beginning of every finals week am I always firmly convinced that I remember nothing) and all the worrying will have done nothing for me. Except maybe take a few years off my life, or something.
The menu for the dinner:
Appetizers cheese and crackers, crudite platter, stuffed mushrooms
Salad butter lettuce and arugula with goat cheese, strawberries, red onion, and toasted almonds
Main Course steak with mushrooms and onions in a red wine reduction, asparagus with hollandaise (from scratch)and roasted new potatoes with herbs and garlic
Dessert puff pastry triangles with vanilla custard and raspberry sauce, topped with mixed berries
3 years ago

5 comments:
how do you always manage to make me lust for food. good luck!
thanks! (because i'm awesome)
you do what you do.
how did the dinner go?
it went extremely well...the food was good, the weather was perfect, and the toasts that everyone made were beautiful (and made me tear up).
hey, on a separate note, how do i keep from getting spammed on here?
Post a Comment