Thursday, May 18, 2006

Assorted Memories from the end of Junior Year:

cooking for the Junior/Senior dinner with Amy and Nicole--we absolutely destroyed the kitchen and ate the most perfect avocados straight out of their shells with spoons, everyone dancing ("freestyling" even) after the dinner to Ace of Base's It's A Beautiful Life, napping after the math final in my room with the windows open and the afternoon sun pouring in, walking wobbly-legged out of the Newton final with the sweet knowledge that the hard part was over, partying after the philosophy final at steckel park--drinking cold beer in the heat and chain-smoking camel silver cigarettes, dinner at the Ranch House later Friday night with my family and my sister's fiance's family (they have some of the best creme brulee I've ever tasted and there are little purple flowers that shower down onto the tables from the canopy of vines), the large and awesome party at Mr. K's house on Saturday night (there was dancing outside on a rented dance floor, and cheese, and candles and plenty of beer), dinner at the F.'s house on Sunday evening with the sun filtering through the leaves of the live oak and plenty of wine, homemade bruschetta and good cheer (we, of course, sang hymns from the Heavenly Highway Hymns hymnal after dinner and I was so happy that I started crying), dancing and singing at the top of my lungs with my roommate and my bestie while packing up my things for storage over the summer, driving back from LBA with K-money while the sun was slipping behind the mountains and leaving behind a haze of blue and purple, stopping to eat massive quantities of Taco Bell and washing it down with diet Coke and cigarettes...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeanne! My phone died the night you left, soI don't have your number. But i want to talk to you. I miss you! It's just not the same when you're not around. Okay I sound pathetic and lonely...my parents think I sound wicked lonesome and are offering to fly me home for a weekend...how sad on my part! Anyways, either call or send me your number!

Prophet said...

haha, you said wicked.


hey jeane, i ove chain smoking those turkish silvers too.


remember the vanilla cigarettes?

orm said...

could i forget the vanilla cigarettes?

Prophet said...

Niiiiiiicccee.

Prophet said...

Also too, with regards to the spamming, you should turn on your word verification under your blogger settings. everybody has pretty much gotten use to using it by now, so everyone shouldn't be too peeved that you turned it on. it's just one more thing to do in order to post a comment.

JP said...

I want to comment before it becomes excruciatingly time consuming and labor intensive.

There. (And I didn't expect cash-money to show up here.)