Winter, I am done with you. I am done with colds, with cold extremities, with shortened daylight hours, and with the floors in my apartment being perpetually sandy. I am done with looking about 40 lbs. heavier than I actually am when I "dress for the weather". I tried to appreciate the fat flakes of snow as they drifted down this morning, but all I could think of was how many layers I'd have to put on if I wanted to venture outside. My cheeks are chapped, because no matter how many layers I put on, they're always left unprotected. I joined a gym recently, because last winter was pretty sedentary for me. But I'm still not getting the exercise I should, because going to the gym involves venturing out into the -4 degrees Fahrenheit air. I'm becoming a hermit by default.
I am so done.
No comments:
Post a Comment