What I'm listening to right now:
Keep Getting It On--Marvin Gaye
Take Me Out--Franz Ferdinand
I Don't Want to Wait in Vain--Bob Marley
Hey Mama--Black Eyed Peas
Theologians--Wilco
What'd I Say--Ray Charles
All Falls Down--Kanye West
The Luckiest--Ben Folds Five
Float On--Modest Mouse
Toma Reggaeton--Nore/Nina Sky/Tego
Maps--The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Let Go--Frou Frou
(I was really feeling the Franz Ferdinand song until I heard it in American Eagle, as part of their store soundtrack. I know I was the one in there shopping, but it still irritated me. Like most of the people in the store. I had just gotten out of work--and by this I mean I looked like hell--and had shuffled in there looking for a birthday present for a friend. Everyone else in that store was fully made up, color-coordinated, and smelled good. The whole situation gave me the strong urge to go home and go to sleep.)
3 years ago

2 comments:
You have great taste in music, but of course you already knew that! What do you think of Wilco's album? I just heard a couple of Franz Ferdinand's songs, I really like 'In the Theatre' or whatever it's called. Of course I haven't really heard them on the radio and I haven't been able to watch TV for the past year so I'm scared what they might turn into(or already have) because of Trendy America. The American Eagle incident sounds like Bad News Bears though...
Hey you! How'd you find my blog? Anyway, (and I'm ashamed to say this) I haven't listened to all of A Ghost is Born yet. Music is my crack--I download about 10-20 songs every night and then listen to them randomly. So, I haven't gotten around to listening to the whole cd. But, from what I've read, the critics have a lot of complaints about it. Not that means anything... I like Franz Ferdinand, but I'm pretty sure they're becoming/are v. trendy (even though I've never heard them on the radio, or seen them on tv--though, I'm in the same boat as you are and I haven't watched tv in a long time--I've read a lot about them recently in fluffy magazines). Which sort of turns me off. Anyway, I owe you an email, so I'll try to get around to that! Peace.
Post a Comment