Friday, July 16, 2004

welcome to the end of the working week

Party tonight! After a week of non-stop working (that, somehow, still won't result in a fat paycheck) and running around I am in desperate need of some mindless fun. Last night, as we were driving to her boyfriend's apartment (after our dvd of choice--Rules of Attraction--decided to stop working), H. informed me that A.'s going to have a party at his house tonight. Other good things: I got paid yesterday (while it's not as much as I'd like, it's still better than nothing), my ugly sunburn has finally stopped stinging, the weather's supposed to be gorgeous this weekend (which means that some r&r at the beach is in order), I'm going to pick up seven extra hours at work next week subbing for people, I finally burned a bunch of cds I've been wanting, my sister will be here in less than two weeks (!), I'm going camping next month, and I got some awesome books from the library the other day. (One of the books I checked out from the library is on the Great Barrier Reef, nonfiction. I brought it to work and this retard I work with said: what's that? Me: a book on the Great Barrier Reef. Retard: Is it fiction, like, you know, a novel? Me: Nope. Retard: Oh. Why are you bothering to read it then? Sometimes I don't believe these people are real.) Oh, another good thing: I finally rented Step Into Liquid. I watched it the other night and was blown away. It is a beautiful movie featuring gorgeous sun-drenched cinematogrophy containing every shade of blue. Breathtaking. I think I need to own it, so that I can use it as a pick-me-up whenever I feel down. Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, please update on how the party went, because I'm dying to know if you got any action. In other news, I heart your blog.

--rebecca

orm said...

Becs! How are you? Thanks for the compliment--it means a lot to me, seeing as how I'm new to the blogging scene. I'll definitely update on the party, but, well, let's just say that not all the details should be published for general consumption. So, I'll get your email addy from Catherine so I can fill you in on the salacious bits. btw, I'm liking your blog a lot. You can sit with the cool kids now! : )