With a host of furious fancies,
Whereof I am commander,
With a flaming spear, and a horse of air,
Through the wilderness I wander
A knight of ghosts and shadows,
I summoned am to tourney,
Ten leagues beyond the world's wide end,
Methinks it is no journey.
3 years ago

3 comments:
I really like this! I read it and then came back and read it again. Did you write this or is it from one of those people that you study and that I can't pronounce? If you did write it, I hope you will write more because it has a lot of meaning and in such a few words. I've never learned to write poetry and tend to write letters, stories, etc. like I was sitting next to someone, which means I ramble on. God bless, Kitty
I'm glad you like it, k! Sadly, no, I didn't write it myself. It's from an old ballad (from medieval times, I believe) called Tom o' Bedlam's Song. I read it in a book when I was very young and have been enchanted by it ever since.
It is enchanting! And I'm sure that having read such wonderful things, you have it in you write those types of things yourself. Let me know if you do because I would like to read them. Sleep tight! Kitty
Post a Comment