Thursday, August 26, 2004

a little calmer

I'm feeling a little bit less suicidal tonight than I was when I last posted. In fact, I'm so calm that even though I should be doing my heap of Latin homework right now, I'm in the computer lab typing away! I've settled into my dorm, which is actually pretty fantastic. (Too much furniture, though. Who needs four bookcases at school?) Classes have been going well so far: I like my teachers and the other students aren't so bad. The work load isn't horrible, either. Not yet, anyway. We'll see what I'm saying after we start doing props in Ptolemy... So, yeah, I've even been winning some pool, too. And I have to admit, as much as I love and miss my native state, the weather here has been superlative. Shockingly blue skies without a cloud in sight, cool breezes, warm nights with thousands more stars than are visible at home. And I'm happy to see my friends again, I am. So far, so good. If I keep breathing I might be able to do this.

No comments: