3 years ago
Tuesday, August 10, 2004
no no no
I realized this morning (yes, only this morning) that I return to school in nine days. Nine days! I feel like calling the administration and saying: No! I can't come back, I just got here! It really does seem like only yesterday that I got off the plane. (Okay, maybe not yesterday, but not very long ago.) I don't feel vacationed-out, I don't think I've done enough of doing nothing for this vacation to count. Summer has slipped through my fingers. I have done some really fantastic things with fantastic people, though: I went to three museums I wanted to go to, ate good food (lots of Asian--Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese--and grilled food), shopped, swam in the ocean, went to beautiful concerts, slept on the beach in the hot afternoon sun, went to parties, watched people breakdancing outside a T stop in Cambridge, saw movies that I've been dying to see, spent time with my family and friends, met new people, read good books, discovered new music, finger-painted (!), cooked a lot (by myself and with friends), and traveled, among other things. I guess the problem is that there's so much more I want to do (per usual) and I simply don't have the time. And, also, I know I'm going to miss my family and friends like hell as soon as I leave. I suspect that a fair amount of other college students can't identify with that, but I really love my parents (we don't agree on everything, not by a long-shot, but I respect them so much and recognize all the sacrifices they've made for me), siblings, and grandparents. And my friends are irreplaceable. I know I'll do better than I did first semester freshman year (when I was so homesick that I felt physically ill), because I've made some good friends and the whole experience won't be so alien to me. But. I still worry about things, because I'm always worried about something. So, I wish I could delay it, just a tiny bit longer. I wish there were more hours in the day, more months in summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment