Sunday, September 26, 2004

meta-blogging

The NY Times has an interesting article on blogging and the future of politics: campaign-trail blogging (go here for one of the cited bloggers take on the article). On her blog Hey Y'all, Watch This!, clara wrote a post about the art of protesting and wondered where the spirit of revolution that was rampant during the Vietnam War era has gone. I think that desire for change, that hunger for things to be different, to be better, to have our voices heard is still around. It's just around in a different form. And it just might be possible that the way we protest now (e.g., blogging) is a better than some of what was done back then, as Kitty pointed out in her comment. I suppose time will tell. However, we can't ever have too much of a good thing, so: if you're not letting people know how you feel about this election, if you're not letting the candidates know what you want to see (should we really be thrilled about Bush just because he's "not as bad" as Kerry?), if you're not registered to vote, if you're not standing up what's good and true, then get up off you ass and do so! That is all.

1 comment:

Kitty said...

Dear Orm,
Thank you for the plug! I struggled to write to "Clara" because having been right smack dab in the middle of the war and the protest years, it's very difficult to bring up those memories. I truly believe that if everyone who had the right to vote did so, our Country would be better off. Like I said on her blog, If you don't vote, you can't complain. Kitty :)