Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Oh gosh: I leave this infernal place in thirteen days! Less than two weeks left, dammit, and life is a bowl of cherries. More or less. I'm going to be so thrilled to be done with this semester, done with this year. Not that the year has sucked completely, but it has been fairly rough and I just want to go home where I can sleep, cook, go to the beach, catch up with friends, spend time with my family and just recuperate from all the drama. Once I start to feel a little more together I have some plans to follow up on, namely: look for a second job (Because my regular job won't have any hours for me until the beginning of June, and as far as making financial aid payments and having spending money left over goes, that's just not going to cut it.), read a lot--I would go into how excited I am that I'll be able to spend quality time at the library, but it would just make me look like a total nerd--especially literature, which this curriculum really lacks (And man did I feel the lack this year, even in seminar which, as arrogant as this sounds, consisted largely of people who had no idea how to read literature, had no idea how to analyze the text... I don't remember how many times it was suggested that Chaucer's Canterbury Tales be censored, because, you know, it's just so, well, pointlessly gross! Ugh. ), spend some quality time in NYC soaking up art and culture and, yes, good food, and last but not least, work on spiritual growth while I'm not so distracted by drama that I hardly know my own name anymore (the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak). Those are just the basic plans, and they probably sound boring to most people, but right now I want to be back home so badly I can almost taste it. (Not to say that everything will be complete bliss once I'm there--the whole second-job situation is hanging over my head and probably will be for a while.) Of course there will be things that I'll miss, and by "things" I mean my friends. And maybe Theology class with the Mac-daddy. And fresh oranges a short walk away. Bottom line: Right now finals week is looming over me and I don't remember a damn bit of lab or philosophy. Okay, maybe a little, but not enough for a final. It's taking all of my self-control to not hyperventilate and pull all of my hair out. I probably won't end up failing out, but I'm being paranoid right now. Good thing: tomorrow night I'm making dinner at my math tutor's house for my section. (menu: fettucine alfredo, grilled chicken, green salad, garlic bread, and strawberry shortcake) There might be some finals week updates, there might not be.

1 comment:

Prophet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.