Monday, August 02, 2004

Massachusetts

I just returned from camping in the Berkshires. I'd never been there before and I absolutely fell in love with it. All the cows with their little baby cows (calves, I know), the encircling mountains (as large as the ones in Southern California, but far prettier, densely wooded) that are blanketed with fog in the morning and the evening, the faded old houses and barns with brilliant flower gardens and crooked fences, the little college towns, the placid lakes being fished in the twilight by children, the soft humid air, the dark clear night skies with their rivers of stars. I felt like I was in a James Taylor song every time I saw a sign that said "The Berkshires" on it.

5 comments:

Prophet said...

A:"I think she's dead..."
B:"Try poking her with a stick."
A:"She kinda smells dead..."
B:"Shut up and just poke with the damn stick!"
A:*POKE*..."What if she's dead?"
B:"ehh, we'll probably just see her back at school."
A:*POKE*..."Are you dead?"

orm said...

Eh? Prophet, that comment flew right over my head.

Prophet said...

I was jesting at the fact that you have not posted in what seems like weeks, and was thus having a mock conversation with myself that you did seem to be 'dead' and the only way to check would be to poke you with a stick. obviously it worked because you replied with a comment very quickly...now i'm just waiting for you to make a new post.

*POKE*

There, that ought to do it.

Prophet said...

btw, i linked to you. it took me awhile but i figured that darn, tricky html out.

orm said...

Snerk. Now I get it. Anyway, yeah, I've been kind of swamped the past couple of weeks with assorted responsibilities, so I didn't have time left to post. But your scheme apparently worked. There will be more posting soon. Oh, and thanks for the linkage. : )